Those who do business online have a wealth of promotional tools at their disposal. They can join online networking groups, participate in forums, hold teleconferences, and much more. But one of the best and simplest ways to promote a business is by blogging.
Once primarily a medium for everyday people to express themselves, blogging has become a powerful tool for businesses. It’s very inexpensive, requiring only a domain and a hosting account to get started. Here are some of the reasons that women benefit so much from blogging for business.
- Blogging is a medium that Internet users can relate to. Blogs are usually less formal in tone than business websites, giving business owners an opportunity to really connect with their target markets. The ability to comment on posts adds to the community aspect.
- The search engines love blogs. Due to their ease of navigation and frequency of updates, Google and company crawl them very often. This gives business bloggers plenty of opportunity to get search traffic.
- There’s a sense of camaraderie among bloggers, and especially among female bloggers. Other women in the blogosphere will add you to their blogrolls if they like your blog, and often link to individual posts they enjoy. By writing linkworthy content and linking to other bloggers, we can harness the power of the blogging community.
- There are tons of ways to promote blogs for free. By adding links to our blogs to forum signatures, social networking pages, and blog directories, we can boost our search engine rankings and get click-through traffic. And if we’re targeting our efforts properly, that traffic will translate to sales.
- Blogging is great for public relations. It can help you build your brand, and it gives you an outlet to refute any false or damaging claims that others might make about your business online.
- Blogging can help women in business establish themselves as experts. Thoughtful and well-researched blog posts let readers know that you’re serious about your business and know what you’re doing. This confidence in you will not only make your audience more likely to buy from you, it will also give them a reason to spread the word about your blog and your business.
A business blog is essentially a relationship-building tool, and an effective one at that. Blog readers from your target market could find your blog through search engines or links, read it, and decide to see what your business has to offer. Prospects might arrive at your blog from your business site, and reading it could give them the push they need to become paying customers. Either way, the blog proves to be a wonderful asset.
Blogging offers a multitude of benefits for women entrepreneurs. If you don’t already have a blog, you’re missing out on a grand opportunity to grow your business. It’s easy to get started, so what are you waiting for?